Feels Like Home

الاثنين، 19 سبتمبر 2016

There is something about the sound of football on tv that feels like home. Maybe because it was always on while I was growing up, or maybe because it's only on in the Fall which is of course my favorite time of year. With boxes everywhere, an unfinished kitchen & a brand new routine with school, things have been sorta frantic since we have moved in. But waking up Saturday here, with college gameday on & yellow leaves raining down from the trees in our back yard, things finally felt like home.

We got almost all the rest of the boxes in the house unpacked & made lots of progress around the house. We finished the rest of the painting in the kitchen & drawing out where all of our floating shelves will go. Our tile will go up this coming weekend, then comes shelves & range hood, I am honestly so excited to see this wall come together!! If you follow me on Instagram (@jlgarvin) you may have seen the great mirror debate, we finally decided on the gold one & I love love love how it looks! I am excited to accessorize the mantle & hang curtains in this room!! There is still so much to do but we are finally getting to the fun part, I am dying to put up Fall decorations. Just as soon as I find them. ;)


We are starting back up our tradition of Sunday Dinners (what we used to call Soup Sunday because, well, we always made soup). But every Fall, we love to cook up big dinners and invite friends & family over on Sunday afternoons. It's such a fun way to end the weekend! Hoping to share a few of them with recipes we are trying, I have been in such a meal rut since we've moved, but I'm going to blame it on a partially unfinished kitchen. Long live pasta & homemade garlic bread.
Hope you all had an amazing weekend!! XO

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق