Our Master Bath Plans + Inspiration

الخميس، 15 سبتمبر 2016

We are slowly making progress unpacking & decorating some of the rooms in the house, it's actually been much more of a work in progress than I thought. We decided not to take on any other major projects until the kitchen is finished, but next up on the list will be our master bathroom! There was another room in the house that we almost used as a master, I loved the sky lights & space, but ultimately we realized the full bathroom & bigger closets trumped everything.  I thought I would share a few pictures of our current master bathroom along with some inspiration that I am loving!


This bathroom has come a long way since the first time we saw it. Last Fall when it was foreclosed, it was a total wreck, it had wallpaper & dark floor tiles, and an old shower that is now one of the closets. I sometimes look back and can't believe we were going to try to take that on ourselves! I am thankful that things worked out as they did, the investors that then bought the house did a total gut job & remodel, and we are pretty thankful for this space in its current state.

The bathroom really is in great shape, so we aren't going to spend a lot of time or money on it.  It's not necessarily my style, I would have loved to see different tile, especially in the shower, but we will work with what we have! I do LOVE the tub, maybe one of these days I will actually get to use it! Our plans for now are to replace the tub faucet (this one is so modern, it reminds me of Wall-E), paint the walls, replace some of the trim around the doors, update knobs & hinges with bronze, update the light fixtures & mirrors, and add lots of fun personal touches to give it some character. I would love to add shiplap or a brick wall treatment to the walls surrounding the tub! We ordered a plantation shutter for the large window, I love all of the light in this room & it gets the best sunset views in the evenings.

I thought I would share a few of my favorite bath spaces, I am soaking up lots of inspiration from these & can't wait to get to work on ours!!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4

Would love to hear any thoughts or ideas you have!! I have loved getting your feedback & input! Thanks as always for reading!! XO

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق