Living Room Planning + Inspiration

الثلاثاء، 23 أغسطس 2016

It's almost move in day, and we are so excited to share a little sneak peek of the room we plan to spend the most time in, our living space!! This room totally sold me on the house from day one, the tall ceilings, skylights & the big open windows looking over the deck & horse pastures in our back yard. I thought I would share a little bit about our planning process, and a bit about what we want to see in this room once it is finished!

In this living room, since the layout is quite different from our old one, we knew that our side chaise sectional wouldn't look quite right in here. We decided to move that one upstairs to our media room, and since we wanted to use our gorgeous charcoal Jonathan Louis chair in this room, we wanted to find a matching sofa for it. We ordered a few swatches, thinking maybe a complimentary light grey or cream would be a good fit, but just couldn't get over this cozy charcoal linen, so we opted for that again in the coordinating Clarice sofa. It is beyond my wildest dreams, and I can't even handle how well it works in this room. I was a little worried that it would be too dark, but I absolutely love it & feel like the durability of this color is going to be such a great fit! Thinking a few of these pillows & a soft jute rug would accessorize it perfectly. Or better yet, maybe I can get Brandon to agree to something pink! ;)

I also love that the wiring for cable is on the opposite wall, and not above the fireplace, which makes me so excited to decorate (especially for the holidays!!!) with mirrors and greenery and such, instead of a television that is most likely displaying a brightly colored image of doc mcstuffins. My media cabinet I thrifted a few weeks ago, and my parents found me this 36 inch vintage bread bowl on the mantle while they were scouring flea markets across the midwest last week. Still torn on what to do with the brick, part of me wants to add some thick white grout, or maybe paint the brick white or black, but until we move everything in, I think it will stay as is. I do love it! Curtains will go up this weekend after we move in (officially!!) and I am excited to do a large gallery wall behind the tv to help it blend in a bit.



So, just for fun, sharing a few of my favorite living room/family room inspiration photos, I am on a mad hunt for this chandelier at an affordable price, if you have a suggestion, pleeeease let me know. I am in love!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

I feel like the style of this house is so much more ME than the one we currently live in, although I am having major goodbye issues and really feel like I will love our current house for EVER. I'm so excited for our new journey, even though we really feel like we are in way over our heads right now. And I don't think I say this enough, but thank you all for your constant streams of support & encouragement, you'll never know how much it means to me & my family, but it is so appreciated & we just love you all to pieces.
XO

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق