House Showings, Potty Training & Coffee.

الجمعة، 29 يوليو 2016

Here's a little run down of our week. So we have had a million showings, honestly, but turns out our backyard is kind of a deal breaker for everyone. Which is funny to me because we never thought twice about it as buyers, but maybe we were just naive as first timers, and it is obviously the reason we chose to move, so I guess joke's on us. I was confident that showing our house a bunch would be a good thing, like I would keep my house super clean all the time and we would just go on a bunch of fun outings while people were here, and hahahahaha no. That's actually not even remotely close to how it works. It's more like fourteen minutes before each showing I shove evvvvverything anywhere I can (and obviously can't find anything later because I can't remember where I shoved it) and I swiffer our barefoot selves out the back door. The fact that my kids can fully destroy the entire house in one hour + one meal in between every showing, has me completely baffled, and completely drained.

For the record, a list of things to never have in your home while you are trying to sell it and have toddlers. 1. Stickers. 2. Sticker books. 3. Crayons. 4. Chapstick. 5. Toilet Paper 6. Yogurt 7. Toothpaste 8. Did I mention stickers?

Eloise decided that this would be a good week to potty train herself, which I am one hundred light years away from being ready for, but apparently there is nothing more fun to her than taking a diaper off and leaving it somewhere so she can go flush half a roll of toilet paper down the potty. I used to complain about rompers not having bottom snaps but lately it's all I want to put on her because she can't get it off herself. I put her in the car quickly the other morning to run to the hardware store and discovered as I was buckling her car seat that she didn't have a diaper on, just a bare ass in a mermaid nightgown headed out the door. All the apologies to whichever potential home buyer discovers that missing diaper, wherever it may be.

Claire is getting her molars & has been really clingy lately, which means I am usually holding her unless she is sleeping or in her car seat. This makes talking to contractors at the new house extra fun when I have a baby on my hip who is trying to chew on my hair, but I am strangely loving every single bit of this chaos because we have always dreamed of this stage of life. 

Our Ikea cabinet "guts" were installed yesterday & this morning, so we are ready for the next step which is our cabinet doors & all of the framing, and painting. Our doors won't be here for another week or so, so in the mean time we will store food & kitchen items in the laundry room and garage and attempt to still live out of the house starting next weekend-ish. This weekend & coming week will be nothing but a packing marathon, fueling up with lots of coffee & wine! Exciting times!!!


Again, I can't stress enough how thankful I am for all of you, and especially after all of the sweet comments on my post yesterday. Virtual hugs to each of you!! Have a happy happy weekend!!! XO

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق