New House Kitchen Planning

الخميس، 14 يوليو 2016

We are just a few short weeks away from closing on our new house & we are so so so excited. One of the first things going down on closing day will be demo in the current kitchen. 

The layout of the kitchen is great, it is smaller than our current one, but has a great working triangle & lots of natural light. The biggest problem with the kitchen in its current state is the cabinets. They are old, the drawers hardly open, all of the shelves are missing inside of them, and the part that contains the current wall oven is falling apart all together. Also, I really wanted a totally different style of doors, so we decided to start from scratch. The current kitchen has an electric cooktop, and we will gas lines ran so that we can install a full size gas range with a hood above it, and plan to do some open shelving on either side of the hood. We ordered a white farm sink & plan to look at honed quartz counter tops this weekend. For years, I always imagined having an all white kitchen, but lately I have just been loving the warmth that grey cabinets bring to a room. We ordered our cabinets this week, they will come unfinished (can't wait to share more details about this!) so our next step is to finalize a paint color.

I love white subway tile, but after doing it with dark grout in our bathroom, I'm not sure I would ever do that again. I am leaning towards white tile & white grout, and really loving the herringbone pattern. A friend of mine walked me though doing this as a DIY, which would save quite a bit of money, but I am not sure I am skilled enough to do this. We shall see! ;)

Now for the fun part, choosing hardware! This is where I feel like the overall look will all come together, but I am stumped between what I thought I wanted (gold) and what I think may actually look better with our style of house (bronze + chrome). I love the idea of mixing metals, we will be painting or replacing all of the hardware in the house with a dark bronze finish, so most light fixtures will be this finish as well. I just LOVE the way gold hardware looks with grey, and think it would compliment the bronze so well, but that industrial chrome faucet?! All the heart eyes.
Accessorized with my favorite rug of course, I love a little purple in every room! ;)

 So I would love to get your vote! Bronze hardware with chrome faucet? Or gold hardware and a gold faucet? Or bronze + gold faucet and just skip the chrome?! So many choices! I feel like I always have visions of what I love, but it's the final stages of pulling things together that tend to stump me! ;)

I've been pinning like crazy so if you're looking for a little bit of house inspo, come find me on Pinterest & follow along! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts & to share more updates very soon!! XO

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق